Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Colorathons!

We have been having some much needed rain the last several days here in Knoxville. With the rain means a diversion of our usual outdoor activities to ones we are able to do indoors. While the rain turned to a sprinkle we darted into Target and bought some new coloring books and markers since ours are all in storage.
The girls have been non-stop coloring ever since only taking breaks to sleep for a few hours at night (hee, hee!) I even found Emma-Caroline cuddling up next to her coloring book and markers last night when I went in to check on her.
I have dubbed it the "Avery Colorathon".
It reminds me of when I was a little girl when I would go to week long family reunions in Eupora, Mississippi where it was was so sticky hot, and where there was nothing but the Dollar General and Sonic in "town" that all of us cousins would sit on the sofa for hours with our boxes of Crayola crayons and new Care Bear coloring books and color every last inch of each page of those books!
We took great pride in those coloring books and I have fond memories of us comparing our skills and complimenting one another.
I'm glad my girls are having as much fun as I did with their coloring books and having their own colorathons.

2 comments:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

You might have some little artists like you and your mom. It sparks an interest I am sure. Have fun and enjoy it all. Much love to you all.

Love,
Aunt Brenda
Memphis, Tennessee

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

Thanks ASunt Brenda! The girls really do love art! We hope to see you soon!
Love,
Amy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...