Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Special Thank You!


I have to say that when I first began my embroidery business, I had no idea where it would lead me and how much it would enrich my life creatively as well as spiritually through friendships both old and new. I now have a new Josie-Bea Originals blog site as many of you already know. As of this week, I also have an Etsy store as well as an official Josie-Bea Originals website at http://www.josie-bea.com/. Wow! I never thought I'd have my own website. Although I have nothing for sale on my website (I just got it today), it's there and waiting for me. So to the important part of this post. I want to express my gratitude to all my friends and family for your love and support that you have given me as I have begun this venture. I am so thankful to our heavenly Father for placing this opportunity in my arms at just the same time that I found out that I did not have a teaching position at Sacred Heart and for opening Howie's heart to the possibility that this little venture was actually a viable one. That leads me to my gratitude to my wonderful husband for financially backing me to buy the machine and other supplies I have needed to do this business. I also express gratitude to all of my friends in Dunbarton Oaks who have brought me their things to embroider and allowed me to experiment using their names and their children's names. I can not leave out Miss Ellen Sullivan who has been so encouraging of me and who has sent me so many referrals from her embroidery business "The Southern Princess". To all of my friends and family, thank you for your words of encouragement, your patronage, your linking of my blog site to yours. It means so much to me. Thank you to my dear little girls, Emma-Caroline and Sophie. They are my muses. And last, but not least, I want to thank my beautiful grandmothers, Josie and Bea. They each taught me so much about sewing. Most importantly they taught me how to love and be loved. They were and are the wind beneath my wings. With each stitch I make, I stitch a bit of their love into the items I am making and I have to think that they are each looking down and smiling at the creativity that they have fostered.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I do not mind at all if you use Gracie's picture. We love the shirts!

Amanda said...

The website is super cute! When you get it up and running, let me know and I'll link you to my blog. I also plan on ordering a few cute things from you, soon!

Sarah Harper said...

Yay, Amy! I can't believe you are a real business owner with your own website and everything ... you're such an inspiration!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Dear Amy:

Thanks for your sweet and sincere note. I know you are doing all this from your strength and heart that make up the special you and also the special things you learned from your grandmothers. How awesome. I am so glad that you have the great friends you do and wonderful connections and a wonderful and sweet husband and such sweet, pretty, little girls. You are certainly a blessing and an inspiration to us all.

My sincerest thoughts and blessings are with you always.

Love,
Aunt Brenda
Memphis, Tennessee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...