Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Lucy!

Still Sassy at 13!


Isn't this how we all feel about getting older and someone sharing our age?

Tomorrow is our dog Lucy's 13th birthday. It's hard to believe she has been with us for that long. Harder still for me to believe is that I graduated from undergrad 12 years ago. I got Lucy for my birthday one year before I graduated from UT. We adopted her from Adopt-A-Pet and she was such a cute little thing. At the time, I still lived in Massey Hall, and so I had to smuggle her into my room for a month before I moved to an apartment. The funny thing about that is that I was an RA! I would also put her in my backpack and take her to class with me. She loved it. Of course, she eventually didn't fit in my back pack, but by then I had moved to my apartment. Lucy has moved all over the country with us traveling in the front seat of a moving truck to Phoenix, AZ, Salem, Oregon, Austin, Texas and back to Knoxville. She's a feisty little lady, and we love her spirit. She's still pretty spry and gets around like a younger dog, although her hips are starting to ache from what I suspect is arthritis. We hope she is around for many more years. Happy Birthday Lucy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...