Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Servant Song

My dear friends,
      I am sharing with you an image that is very dear to my heart. Although this image is one that is similar in many situations of others caring for loved ones who are in transition from this life to the next, this one in particular is of my own father caring for my Uncle Tracy in these last days that he will be here on earth.
I share this photo because it embodies all I have learned about love and service that my dad has taught to me through his example time and time again. To me, my own father has been a living example of the hands, feet, and heart of Christ to not only those whom he is related to but also to everyone he has ever known. My dad is one of my earthly heros and one who has inspired me to live and love as God's servant here on earth. I want to thank you for the prayers that you have said and are saying for my Uncle Tracy as he lives out his final moments here on earth surrounded by those who love him. Thank you too for prayers for my dad as he spends this sacred time caring for his best friend and brother. I leave you with these familiar words from The Servant Song:
 
Brother, let me be your servant
Let me be as Christ to you
Pray that I may have the grace
To let you be my servant, too

We are pilgrims on a journey
We are brothers on the road
We are here to help each other
Walk the mile and bear the load

I will hold the Christlight for you
In the night-time of your fear
I will hold my hand out to you
Speak the peace you long to hear

I will weep when you are weeping
When you laugh I'll laugh with you
I will share your joy and sorrow
Till we've seen this journey through
When we sing to God in heaven
We shall find such harmony
Born of all we've known together
Of Christ's love and agony

Brother, let me be your servant
Let me be as Christ to you
Pray that I may have the grace
To let you be my servant, too
God's Peace and love,
Amy
 

4 comments:

nancy said...

Through their whole lives, they've been there for one another. I remember, Amy, when your dad was brought back from Vietnam to the hospital in Millington, and Tracy was right there to be with him. They've always loved each other so much!

What Marty Sees said...

Praying for mercy and peace for your family during this time. May the Comforter be close and may you grieve with hope.

Lesli Douglass said...

Oh, Amy. This is both precious and heart-wrenching. I am so sorry. I know this is a really hard place for a family to be and I hope Tracy will be with Jesus very soon. Lifting you up to the Giver of comfort in the hardest moments....

patty said...

i agree w lesli... both endearing and heart-wrenching. sending prayers of peace and comfort for you and your family. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...