Friday, February 17, 2012

A Little Kid Art

The past several weeks I have been working with the children at our church to create two original canvases to be auctioned in our annual Mardi Gras dinner and silent auction to benefit our mission trip to Bolivia. I had lofty hopes of getting four canvases completed; however, after the first canvas, I learned quickly that two canvases was a more achievable goal. The children did such a wonderful job helping me to create their original artwork. Each turned out much better than I could have ever anticipated. I actually wish I could just buy them both myself! I took some photos of the finished canvases, but the photos are not great with indoor lighting. I will be taking more photos out doors with better lighting. I plan on turning these into coffee mugs or tote bags or maybe even note cards for my volunteers at the church. I still wanted to share these sweet little canvases, just in case you might be attending the Mardi Gras Auction on Tuesday evening and want to get your bid in ;-)!
 The above canvas was done by the Kindergarten, First, Second and Third grade children. Each of their little faces actually does look like the person who drew it!
This painting was done by our nursery, 3 year old, and Pre-K children. I apologize again for the lighting quality in both of these photographs. I will post these again later when I have had the opportunity to photograph these in out door lighting. But I just had to go ahead and share these adorable pieces! The children really did an awesome job!

3 comments:

nancy said...

Amy, both of these painting are so adorable. I recognized Emma-Caroline and Sophie right away. I love the way Emma-Caroline made her eyelashes really long, like they really are! I like your idea of turning them into mugs, tote bags, or note cards.

absees123s said...

I LOVE these paintings! They are wonderful!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

That is so sweet. I love both of the paintings!!! How original and memoriable too.
Love,
Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...