Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It's in the Box!

It's finally here. It's time to pack and MOVE! Howie and I have moved six times together as a married couple, so you would think we were experts on moving. I will say we are veterans of moving, but maybe not experts. I have made some new best friends during this packing time. I don't know what I could do without you, Packing Tape and Sharpie Marker.
In all the times past that we have moved, it has just been Howie and my stuff that we have had to pack and move. Not so bad. Now, we not only have our stuff, but the girls' stuff as well, which has magnified packing by the 1000's.
(Check out Fancy Nancy looking out of the hole in the box. Reminds me of Toy Story)
It's getting done, and it will ALL be done by next Tuesday, which is our official move date. "YIKES! and YIPPEE!" basically wraps up my feelings at the moment.
The girls have been helping by mostly keeping out of my way while I pack down the fort.
This is just the beginning of our pile.Sophie has worn herself out from all the packing and even fell asleep on the stairs the other day. This time next week, I will be clicking my heels that our task has been completed. Then it's off to the next task . . .unpacking!

5 comments:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

The move is so exciting. I wish you all well. I know the girls are very excited too. I remember we moved to our family home when Nancy was 3 and Linda and I were 5..., it was one of the most exciting and memorial times of my life and that I cherish in my mind to this day...., a new home, new sounds, new people around. It was an awesome move. I wish you all the very best.
Can't wait to visit you all again when you are settled in.

Love,
Aunt Brenda

Maggie said...

Good luck Mrs. Amy:)
Hope u enjoy your new house!!!
-Maggie-

Elizabeth Ann said...

Good Luck. Hope all goes well. I hope to some day see the new place.

MaryBeth said...

Good luck packing! We've moved a lot too, although not with 2 kids...so I'm sure that complicates things a bit. If you're like me, it seems the sharpie and tape are always hiding when I need it! Can't wait to see more pictures of your place!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Good Morning Amy: Hope your moving goes very well. I will miss your neighbors but because you all are so close I am sure we will see them from time to time. Christin and her family were always so family like to us, we appreciated that so much and enjoyed seeing and getting together with them on occassions when we were at your home. Take care moving wish I could be there to help you all. Love you all,
Aunt Brenda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...