Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's Done . . . Well Sort Of!

WHEW! I never have run a marathon, nor do I think I will do so in the near future, but after single handedly packing down our house on Swathmore Court last week and staying up until 4:30 am today to get the rest of it done, I feel as if I have run a marathon. I am WORN OUT!
My whole body hurts, but it was worth it. I will say that I DO NOT want to pack down another house for many, many years to come. The House on Swathmore Court and I had some major wrestling matches as I crawled into eves to retrieve all things left from Avery Past, slid under beds to pull out all of those forgotten "keepsake" boxes, and swept out cobwebs that probably have been around for at least 7 years.
When the match was over, the House stood as the winner with sparkling floors and walls, empty spotless rooms and an impeccable garage and yard.
Meanwhile I took on a gazillion bruises (even one on my finger!) cuts, scrapes, and SORE muscles. Did I mention I am BEAT!The girls too are worn out from the first part of our move. We are in a temporary residence at a corporate apartment until our house is ready in mid July. I am thankful for the reprieve from packing, moving and ultimately unpacking.
I am also thankful and blessed with a smooth move to our storage unit and temporary apartment. I look at our month long venture into the apartment world as a mini vacation. Let the party begin!

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I'm exhausted just reading about it! Glad you are at least half way there!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Wow Amy, that is an accomplishment to have done all in one day. I am glad you are settled in to a temporary place for a little while, so have fun while you are there as if it is a vacation for sure. Take care and rest a lot, you have had a huge project on your hands and ahead for awhile too. Give my best to Howie and the girls too.

Can't wait to visit when you all are all settled and rested.
Love to you all...
Aunt Brenda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...