Sunday, September 6, 2009

Ballet Reprise

When I was Emma-Caroline's age, I took ballet and tap at a little dance studio just around the corner from where we lived. I loved it, and still remember the recital dances and songs we did that year. I've kept those costumes, a hula and cheerleader outfits, all these years and just recently spotted them hanging in the closet, shimmering in the light as if to say, "It's time for Emma-Caroline to wear me!" So out they came and pics were made in the same pose I did as a 4 year old for the recital pics. What wonderful memories to be able to share with my own little ballerina!
Me as a 4 year old ballerina
Emma-Caroline in my hula costume

I'm a hula, hula, baby . . .

Football Cheer costume. The "M" and color combo is for Memphis. I suppose if I had lived in Knoxville as a 4 year old, my costume may have been UT orange with a big orange T.

1 comment:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Adorable pictures.

I remember flying from Atlanta, Georgia when I lived there to see you perform the routine when you wore the beautiful red hula costume. You were certainly a beautiful and talented child. I love seeing Emma-Caroline in the outfits now. How sweet.

Take care and love always,

Aunt Brenda
Memphis, Tennessee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...