Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Poppy!

Today would have been my stepfather Richard's 70th birthday. We're in Memphis this weekend to remember and celebrate his life with my mom. He left us in May, but we will remember the good times we had. Richard really enjoyed Emma Caroline and Sophie and took great pleasure in taking them to the zoo, the Peabody, and outside to "camp" and roast hot dogs. He really loved them both and I know for certain they brought him much joy in his final days here on Earth. They equally delighted in the company of their Poppy. And so we celebrate our good memories. Happy 70th birthday Poppy! We love and miss you.

Pictures from our last visit with Poppy, Easter 2008
Reading a story from the Easter Bunny
Nana and Poppy
Camping in the backyard
Camping

2 comments:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

How nice, I know they will cherish the memories and I am so glad they had those great times with Richard.

We enjoyed your visit to Memphis. I love seeing you all.

God Bless You.

Aunt Brenda

Nancy said...

This came up on your blog today, and since I didn't post a comment when it was first posted (my computer was down for so long), I will do so now. I think these are the sweetest and most precious pictures of Richard. He did love Emma-Caroline and Sophie so much. Richard was always kind to children. I hope that your girls will treasure these pictures of him one day and know that he always loved to see them in person or in pictures. He would be so amazed to see how much they have grown now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...