Friday, August 22, 2008

My Little Ballerina

Emma Caroline began ballet this week. As I took her to buy her first pair of ballet shoes, I remembered my own first ballet lessons and shoes. I remembered the way I pointed my toe the same way Emma Caroline did while the lady slipped the little pink shoe on her foot. I remembered my leotard and tights and how it felt to stretch my arm down the sleeve as Emma Caroline stretched her own little arm down her sleeve. I remembered sitting on the floor with the other little girls and listening to our ballet teacher, and I remember looking at my reflection in the mirror as I placed my leg on the bar. Has it really been 30 years since I was doing all the things Emma Caroline is experiencing now? It seems like only yesterday and now my own daughter is delighting in the very same thing that brought me so much joy. I hope that one day her own memories of her first ballet lessons will bring back happy images of yesteryear. As for now, we will both delight in the moment.




4 comments:

MaryBeth said...

She looks precious!!! I'm sure she is going to love the classes too!

Amanda said...

Aww! How sweet! I can't wait for ballet and gymnastics!

Anonymous said...

She is just too cute! Sir Barkeley looks right at home next to Emma Caroline.

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Emma Caroline is so cute in her dance outfit. She seems so interested in it. I wish I had put Al in dance lessons when he was little. We had an awesome dance teacher in his side of the family and the dance studio was right across the street. How I missed his boat for him by putting it off.
Have fun,
Aunt Brenda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...