Saturday, July 19, 2008

My First Bike






OK, I have said that I was not going to get Emma Caroline a bike until she is older. Howie and I didn't get our first bikes until we were six or seven and she is still enjoying riding her tricycle, but . . .famous last words. I participated in the Sacred Heart Children' s Clothing Sale this year and was there for the presale, not to buy anything, but to scout out a little bicycle for my neighbor's son. Emma Caroline was there with me as an extra pair of eagle eyes and we spotted the perfect bike for little Jack. Emma Caroline just so happened to also spot the perfect bike for herself. After trying it on for size, inspecting the tires, and a few little pleas of "pleeease Mommy can I have this bike!", I caved and we toted our bikes to the check-out. I guess the lesson here is two-fold; sometimes our children know better than we do when they are "ready" for the next step and boy, do we ever have a little shopper already! Emma Caroline is liking to ride her new big girl bike, but told me after her last ride in the cul-de-sac, "Maybe she (the bike) needs to rest for a while and I can ride my red bike (the tricycle) instead." Good. I'm glad she has the option of both and that she can decide when she is ready to ride her bike and when she wants it to have a little "rest". Have a great weekend!
Amy

1 comment:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

How cute. I love the pictures and the fact that Emma-Caroline has an eye for good items and a mind to know when she is tired and needs a change. She is certainly growing up and a beautiful little girl too. I liked seeing how they love their dad. Howie is such a great dad. You are so blessed to have such a lovely family. We are so blessed to be able to be a part of the family too.

My love and the best to you all each and every day.

Love,
Aunt Brenda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...