Monday, April 2, 2018

Easter at Westminster Abbey

Since we were traveling in London during the time on which Easter fell this year, I wanted to attend Westminster Abbey for their Easter morning service. As a children's minister who works in an Episcopal Church,  I anticipated that the service would be similar at Westminster. I was surprised that it was EXACTLY the same with the exception of local and sermon. The sermon was delivered by the Dean of the Abbey and was so filled with hope and grace, a wonderful Easter message. Westminster Abbey is so amazingly beautiful with its architecture and stained glass windows. The music was heavenly and I felt so blessed to have been able to be a part of it's wonderful Easter service. 








After the service, we traveled to the Langham Hotel for high tea. The tea was simply scrumptious and I devoured the gluten free sandwiches served to just me. I have recently been diagnosed with Celiacs so to eat delicious gluten free bread and scones was a real treat. Our Easter Sunday in London is one that I will always cherish.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...