Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Palm Sunday

         Palm Sunday marks the beginning of our time in Holy week with the remembrance of Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem as the crowd lay their cloaks and palm branches down for Jesus to ride over.
 Palm Sunday, to me is always a time of great introspection as I think of how Jesus was welcomed with such enthusiasm and love, but only days later was turned on and crucified. I ponder how I myself welcome Jesus with great enthusiasm at times, but at other times I may not even call on his name. I don't turn on him with physical actions of crucifixion, but rather my thoughts and words and actions towards others may be the driving nails.
 For these acts I am truly sorry and seek forgiveness. Our journey of faith is not always easy. It is not always easy to see the living Christ in others as they may anger us with perceived wrong doings towards us.
 My challenge is to see Christ in spite of my perceptions of him not being there and to love others always through calling on Jesus' name to give me strength, patience, love and peace in all times, even the most difficult.
 This Palm Sunday, I had the privilege of helping two of the children I teach prepare to ride the donkey in our church's Palm Sunday processional.
 There were so many wonderful moments in watching these twins excitement as they took part in this wonderful event.
 Moments such as this one above and below will be forever treasured in my memory of this year's Palm Sunday.
As we move forward in this very sacred time towards Easter, I wish all a very blessed Holy Week as we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus our Savior who lives in each of us! Halleluiah!
Sharing with Finding Serendipity

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Amy - what a wonderful lady you are. You are teaching those sweet girls the right way - as a matter of fact all those little ones you are teaching at church are blessed. Thank you for your sweet words on my blog. I don't have many followers, I pretty much just blog for my own memories but if I touch one life along the way then that's just a bonus. Blessings to you and your family on this Good Friday through the Easter weekend. Jesus Christ has Risen!

patty said...

hope you had a wonderful easter, too, amy! i think you've found the perfect job for you! great images and a wonderful story.... xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...