Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A March Birthday Celebration!

When I was growing up my mother made all of my birthday cakes each year from the time I had my first birthday up until I turned 18. Each cake that she made was delicious and made with love. I always got to pick what kind of cake I wanted whether it be a strawberry cake with pink butter cream frosting, a German chocolate cake or a devil's food cake with cream cheese frosting. Because my birthday falls near St. Patrick's Day, my mom also often decorated my cake with daffodils, rainbows, or clover.  
 Daffodils are the official flower of March so I have continued the tradition of using them in celebration of both Emma-Caroline and my March birthdays.
 This past Saturday, we hosted a birthday dinner at our house. In keeping with tradition, I set the table with plenty of pale yellow daffodils with some hyacinth and daisy added in for their fragrance.



 Two amazingly talented chefs, Curt and John came to the house to prepare the most delicious meal. I was so excited to watch them prepare a meal on my professional stove that doesn't get used nearly as much as it should. My little stove actually seemed happy as she happily worked to prepare my birthday dinner.
 Our friends Whitney and Bob and Bob joined us to help celebrate.
 It was one of the best birthday celebrations I have had with such wonderful friends and such delicious food as well as being able to celebrate at home!


This is my last year in this particular decade of my life. I look forward to celebrating each day to it's fullest and enjoying the blessing of family and friends.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...