Sunday, January 15, 2017

Time with Family

I was 11 years old when my first sister Katie was born. The day that she came into the world was so exciting and I could not wait to hold my baby sister. Our dad picked me up from school that day and on our way back to the house, we stopped at Target in order to purchase a baby bath and other essentials for my new little sister. I remember feeling so impatient as we walked up and down the aisles of Target placing things in the red plastic cart. Finally, we left and headed to the house. Seeing and holding Katie for the first time was amazing and I fell in love with her instantly! She became like a little baby doll for me and I loved taking care of her.

 Although we were far apart in age, we grew up and are very close to one another. Now 31 years later she has her own little girl, Kairi who is now 2 and looks just like Katie did at her age.
 Yesterday, we ventured to Culpeper, Virginia to meet up with Katie and Kairi and my youngest sister Kelly and brother-in-law Leif before Katie and Kairi move to Watertown, New York where Katie's husband Ryan is stationed.
It was such a wonderful visit and my girls loved playing with their baby cousin.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...