Friday, September 5, 2014

Taking Time to Live!

        I come to my blog home every day. I open up the browser, click on the tab for my blog and boom it's summer time again. As my girls have gotten older, the activities they are involved in have ramped up to the point that we seem to be on the go, go, go, all of the time. In many ways it makes me sad to have so much to do all of the time. But I have been trying to carve out space for just rest, just quiet, just family time together in OUR house. In our constantly busy world, it's important to truly stop and just be still.
 With the end of summer occurring in the second week of August, school has started and all the activity that goes with it has also ramped up. It seems sometimes that I hardly have time to come up for air. But I stop. And a sit. And I remember. It is important to be still.
  I want to carve out that time where my thoughts are just my thoughts and not interrupted by my to do list for the day. I want to allow that space in every day where my thoughts may become inspired thoughts and I hear God's Spirit whispering to me.
 I want to sit and truly enjoy the breeze swirling around me, the birds in song and the laughter of my children as they swing on their swing set in our back yard. Simply put, I want to see, hear, smell, taste, feel, and truly live all of life instead of being distracted by the speed of the world that is just going through the motions.
         Ironically, it takes intentional effort and it takes work just to be still. All in all, it is worth the effort and is something that makes me know why I am here and what is truly important in this world.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...