Tuesday, April 9, 2013

God's Peace

This past week has been a whirlwind of happy and sad emotions all at once, juxtaposed one right with the other. In one hand of emotion I felt overwhelming joy at my own little sister's wedding, while in the other hand of emotion I felt complete sadness as my little sister in my sorority suffered the unexpected loss of her three year old son. In attending both services, the wedding of joy and the funeral of sorrow, I was struck by the realization of one great thing. In each, I felt an overwhelming presence of God's love represented in the hearts and collective gesture of all present to help celebrate or to help comfort the ones for whom we were standing up for. We all became the living, beating heart of Jesus and showered these individuals with God's love in both instances of joy and sorrow.
This juxtaposition of one joyful event and one sorrowful left me not overwhelmed by my roller coaster ride of emotion but rather with a feeling of great peace that God is present in everything and everyone from the most joyous of occasions to the most sorrowful. He is always with us to offer us his love and to bring us peace in every moment in life. That is something that sustains me to know that God is always with me in wonderful and sorrowful times and in everything in between.
 

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Your in my thoughts and prayers sweet girl. xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...