Friday, July 6, 2012

Island Sanctuary

I spent many a peaceful and prayerful morning walking the beaches of Kiawah before, during and after sunrise. On one morning that I was out, I found the most amazing shells I think I have ever discovered on the beach. I saw beautiful oceanside creatures including sea gulls, pelicans, starfish, man of war, fish and more. It was amazing to have that morning sanctuary each day of my visit to Kiawah Island. The walks I had by myself in the midst of God's creation are a treasure that I brought back home with me from our vacation this year. It is a memory that will give me peace as I reflect back on  those mornings for years to come.

1 comment:

nancy said...

Amy, that is such a beautiful commentary and photo. Like you, I also love to walk on a deserted beach by myself in the early morning. I am so glad that you were able to have this time alone with God and to feel his presence. When you are lonely and feeling down, I know that this beautiful memory will lift you up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...