Thursday, January 21, 2010

Becoming a "Kid"

It is hard to believe that our little Emma-Caroline is about to turn 5 years old on March 3rd of this year. Where has the past 5 years gone??? While I want to cling to the infant and toddler years of Emma-Caroline's life, I can't help but be delighted at the sweet and wonderful little "kid" she has become. It seems that in the past several months her little personality has really started to blossom and she keeps Howie and I rolling with laughter with her new phrases and expressions that make us realize, she really is stepping into her own. Here are a few of her most recent new phrases that have left us laughing and enjoying our little girl.

One of Emma-Caroline's newest phrase is, "Now that's what I'm talking about, that's . . . (insert anything) fast running!" At the dinner table, our dog Barkley was panting heavily wanting a scrap of food when Emma-Caroline blurts out rather seriously, "Now that's what I'm talking about, that's breathing!" Howie and I could not stop laughing.

Today when we were going into the store, Emma-Caroline looked at me and said, "Mommy, you are freaking me out!" To which I replied, "Freaking you out, what do you mean?" Emma-Caroline calmly said, "Um Mommy, you're freaking me out because you didn't look both ways before you crossed the road!" Yep! That would "freak me out" too if she didn't look both ways before she crossed the road.

Before Christmas, Emma-Caroline told me very frankly, "Mommy, I just don't know how you expect me to take these babies (dolls) anywhere with this little stroller! It's not like I have 8 arms and can do it all!" Hmmm, I think I know where she got that one. This was her way of telling me that she wanted a double stroller for her baby dolls as well as more "fashionable" clothes for them to wear. Thankfully Mimi and G-Daddy took care of that little problem with a new stroller and clothes.

I just love my sweet daughter and the little girl she is becoming! It's definitely an adventure!

2 comments:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

That is so sweet!!!

I noticed what a little lady Emma-Caroline is becoming when we were there Christmas. She is such a sweet young lady.

Take care and enjoy every minute of it.

Love,
Aunt Brenda

Elizabeth Ann said...

That is really cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...