Saturday, December 12, 2009

Jingle Bell Fun Run/Walk for Arthritis

On Tuesday, a friend of mine said she was going to do the Jingle Bell Fun Run/Walk for Arthritis. Having myself just being diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, I thought after she told me about the event, "I need to do that!"
So Team Avery was created with 2 team members, myself and Barkley the Cocker Spaniel. Between Tuesday and today, race day, Team Avery raised over $1200 for the Arthritis Foundation from friends and family who so generously made pledges in support of me.
I am humbled and inspired and feel so loved and supported in my new relationship with Rheumatoid Arthritis. I am blessed to have been diagnosed so quickly and that I live in the year 2009 where medications can help to control the rapid debilitating and deforming effects of RA.

This will be the first of many future Jingle Bell Run/Walks that I participate in. There are many people who are not as fortunate as I am and deal with horrible deformities and disabilities because of arthritis in all of it's many forms.

I hope to always use my experience with arthritis to help others. Thank you so much for your support of me and the Arthritis Foundation. I am ever grateful!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...