Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy 60th Birthday G-Daddy

Today is my dad's 60th birthday. I have to say, 60 sure doesn't look like it used to. My dad is such a "young" man and is actually more active than I am, although I hate to admit it. The girls and I drove up to Virginia yesterday to surprise G-Daddy for his birthday. They have had such a good time celebrating their G-Daddy's special day. Emma-Caroline even put her recently acquired baking skills to good use and helped Mimi bake G-Daddy's favorite dessert, lemon meringue pie. My dad is the best kind of dad there is. I feel so blessed to have him as my father and I am so happy too that the girls have such a wonderful G-Daddy to grow up with. We love our G-Daddy. Happy Birthday Daddy! I love you!

Opening cards and presents. . . tissues please!

A new TV for the boat.


Emma-Caroline helped Mimi bake a delicious pie for G-Daddy's birthday. She pricked the pie crust, squeezed the lemons, mixed the pie filling, baked the pie and meringue, and topped it with lemon zest. She is becoming quite the baker. Emma-Caroline also helped set the table for G-Daddy's special dinner. These pictures are in reverse order of her baking adventure. She was so pleased to be able to help Mimi prepare such a special dessert for G-Daddy.

Zesting!

Mixing the pie filling.

Squeezing lemons.

Pricking the pie crust.

Blowing kisses to G-Daddy.

Snuggling close to a very special G-Daddy.

1 comment:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Happy Birthday Joey!!! Gran-paw looks so young, he hasn't changed at all since I have known him, and many years at that!!! All the girls look like they are all having a great time celebrating. Thanks for sharing the great day with us out here in computer land.

P. S. The lemon meringue pie looks so good

Love always,
Aunt Brenda
Memphis, Tennessee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...